1 out of 5 Straightforward the job is a bit of dusty and messy, however not terribly tough to finish
$20 to $40
4 to six hours
On this video, This Outdated Home basic contractor Tom Silva exhibits how you can widen a fridge alcove.
1. Go into the basement or crawlspace beneath the kitchen and verify to make certain there aren’t any pipes, wires or different obstructions working up into the wall of the fridge alcove.
2. Lay a sheet of ⅛-inch-thick hardboard onto the ground in entrance of the fridge.
3. Pull fridge out of the alcove and onto the hardboard, then roll it out of the way in which.
4. Use a reciprocating noticed with an extended blade to chop by way of the drywall of the alcove wall.
5. Take away all of the drywall from the inside floor of the alcove wall utilizing a pry bar.
6. Rigorously pull off the nook bead from the nook of the wall.
7. Use a reciprocating noticed to trim the drywall flush with the inside floor.
8. Lower the ⅛-inch-thick hardboard to suit over the alcove wall.
9. Cowl the inside floor of the alcove wall with the hardboard.
Extra: Stardew Valley: Copper
10. Fasten the hardboard utilizing a brad nailer and ¾-inch brads.
11. Set up a bit of quarter-round molding alongside the highest of the hardboard panel.
12. Apply joint compound to the vertical fringe of the wall, then sand it clean.
13. Roll on one coat of primer adopted by one topcoat of paint.
14. Slide the fridge into the newly expanded alcove.
Studying: Nostril Membership
Instruments & Supplies
- Reciprocating noticed
- Flat pry bar
- Pneumatic brad nailer
- Drywall knife
- Store vacuum