The curtains that got here with our camper have been something however cute. So I got down to create some straightforward DIY bunk-end curtains utilizing some thrifted bathe curtains as my base. I’m not an knowledgeable sewer, actually I can just about solely make a straight line or a hem (and really imperfectly at that). So as a substitute of ranging from scratch I made a decision to do a hack and use the previous camper curtains hanging strip and mix it with a pair of bathe curtains to make this straightforward DIY doable.
Step 1 – Minimize bathe curtains in half and stitch edges to create new camper curtains
To begin you want 2 bathe curtains. I used to be fortunate to seek out these Goal curtains at my native thrift retailer for a discount, however you should purchase them from Goal or thrift for a set you want. After getting bathe curtains, you’ll reduce each in half to create 2 camper curtain panels from every bathe curtain. Then you will want to chop the curtains all the way down to measurement since they are going to be too lengthy for bunk-end curtains in your camper. Sew the uncooked edges to finish this step.
- Discover 2 bathe curtains you want
- Minimize every curtain in half down the middle to create 2 camper curtain panels
- Lay the previous curtains over the brand new curtains to seek out the size wanted for the brand new curtains
- Minimize the brand new curtains on the prime to desired size – I added size to my new curtains
- Sew the uncooked edges of the curtain panels
- Your curtain panels are prepared for the attachment strip to be added
Step 2 – Connect the slider strip from the previous curtains to the brand new curtain panels
Your previous camper curtains may have a slider strip (or another attachment technique) alongside the highest portion of the curtains. We’re going to take that strip off of the previous curtains and fasten it to the brand new curtains in order that the brand new curtains will have the ability to connect to the camper.
- Utilizing your previous camper curtains, discover the strip that attaches to the camper
- Minimize the strip away from the previous curtains
- It is best to now have strips like those proven in my instance
- Lay the strip over the brand new curtains alongside the highest, cautious to put on the proper facet of the curtains
- Fastidiously sew the strip to the highest of your new curtains, cautious to not sew any curtain ties down
- Your new curtains ought to seem like the instance I supplied
- Trim the surplus (if any) from the brand new curtain strips
- It is best to now have 4 curtain panels able to put in your camper
Step 3 – Grasp new curtains in your camper and luxuriate in!
You can simply do that hack on any camper, not only a pop-up camper. It’s also possible to replace all of the curtains in your camper along with the bunk ends utilizing this technique. By utilizing an previous attachment strip from previous camper curtains you’ll be able to create straightforward DIY camper curtains very quickly!
Store this submit:
Pop-Up Camper Associated Posts:
Organizing a Pop-Up Camper
Organizing Storage Compartments in a Pop-Up Camper
Final Tenting Packing Record and FREE Printable Guidelines
Pop-Up Camper Procuring Provide Record
Pop-Up Camper Set Up and Use
Pop-Up Camper Upkeep and Care Suggestions
Pop-Up Camper Mods and Hacks
Simple DIY Camper Curtains
Adorning a Pop-Up Camper with Retro & Classic Vibes
Tenting within the Pacific Northwest