We’re so excited to be impressed by Lilo and Sew this 12 months for our Household Halloween costumes! I shared my daughter’s DIY Sew costume and their Scrump and 626 trick or deal with pails individually due to all of the element, however listed here are the remainder of the Lilo and Sew household Halloween costumes.
Be taught: The best way to make a lilo hula costume
Watch the Video
Beneath is the YouTube video for the costumes for the complete household. Hold scrolling for detailed directions and supplies lists. Right here is DIY Lilo and Sew Household Halloween Costumes.
DIY Lilo Shirt
You may make this as a shirt like I did or use this tutorial to make a Lilo costume by utilizing an outsized shirt or pink cotton costume.
- Cricut Machine
- White Iron-On Vinyl
- Crimson T Shirt
- Cricut Warmth Press
- Use the Cricut Design House to discover a palm depart. I used a leaf from the Cricut library and made them about 5 inches lengthy.
- Reduce the leaves out on white Iron-On Vinyl and weed them.
- Place a clear towel down in your floor after which place the shirt on high. Use the Cricut Press set to 315° and thirty seconds. Maintain down evenly.
- Permit them to chill fully and take away the plastic.
- Repeat on the again of the shirt.
Listed here are a pair photographs.
DIY Sew Costume
As I discussed above, I wrote a separate detailed publish on the way to make the total Sew costume. You’ll be able to learn it right here: DIY Sew Costume for Adults.
Studying: So You Wish to Construct a Lowrider
Listed here are a pair photographs of Sew.
Felt Leaves Equipment
To make the leaf headpiece, wristlets, and anklets I hand reduce every leaf with the assistance of my mother-in-law. We did this whereas we watched TV collectively.
Since I made these for the entire household, used 1.5” yards to make:
- 8 Wristlets
- 8 Anklets
- 3 Head Items
- Inexperienced Felt
- 1mm Elastic
- Punch or Skewer (to poke holes)
- White Glue
Word that the lengths and variety of leaves various. I needed to continuously test on every particular person to ensure they had been lengthy sufficient.
- Reduce out 3” extensive stripes of felt (the leaves are 3” lengthy). Reduce out the leaves letting one finish go into some extent. We reduce two layers at a time.
- Utilizing a skewer or punch, poke two holes alongside the flat facet.
- Place a small dab of white glue on the ends of the elastic and permit it to dry. It will make is less complicated so that you can insert and weave into the leaf holes.
- Sew every leaf onto the elastic one after the other. When you attain the specified size, knot the 2 ends collectively.
DIY Synthetic Plumeria Lei
I used the identical leaves as I did for the leaf equipment above and bought the plumeria leaves on Amazon. Beneath are the affiliate hyperlinks to the supplies I used. This one set of 100 flowers made two grownup leis.
- Felt Leaves
- Synthetic Plumeria Flowers
- 1 mm Elastic
- Giant Needle
- Fishing Line or Robust Thread
Threading a Needle with Elastic
To string elastic by a needle, make a loop with fishing line. Insert the loop by the needle head. Loop the elastic by the fishing line loop and bend and pull by the needle eye. Right here is an Instagram Reel I made on the way to thread a needle with elastic.
Easy thread the flowers and leaves onto the elastic. I used 3-4 flowers in between a leaf. One lei used fifty flowers. Right here is an Instagram Reel on how I made the plumeria lei.
DIY Felt “Grass” Skirt
Measurements for the skirt differ. You have to to measure from the waist to the knee to get the leaf size. I used about 4.5 yards of felt for all 4 skirts. Listed here are the leaf measurements I used:
- Grownup Male, dimension giant: 4” X 24” – 41 leaves
- Grownup Feminine, dimension small: 4” X 24” – 28 leaves
- Tween/Teen, dimension small: 3” X 18” – 33 leaves
- Toddler, dimension small: 3” X 12” – 28 leaves
- Inexperienced Felt
- Security Pin
- Rotary Cutter
- Straight Edge/Yard Stick
- Reduce felt leaves as measured. Reduce one finish into some extent and poke 4-6 holes alongside the flat finish with a skewer.
- Place a security pin on the sting of the elastic to make it simpler so that you can weave by the felt.
- Add every leaf one after the other till you could have the specified dimension. Safe the tip with a knot.
For my husband I purchased an affordable clearance merchandise Hawaiian shirt from Walmart and for me I wore a tank high I already had with black leggings beneath. I hope you want our Lilo and Sew Household Halloween Costumes! Remember to take a look at our household Halloween costumes from years prior for extra concepts!