This text outlines tips on how to construct a customized skybox in Roblox. When created and used appropriately, skyboxes can add environment to a recreation and even give the impression that your recreation world is in deep house or underwater.
Skyboxes are made up of six particular person photos that are wrapped right into a dice. A convincing skybox seems to be panoramic as a result of the photographs are made to be completely aligned with one another — this allows you to look in all instructions with out the impression of being inside a dice.
Making skybox photos from scratch goes past the scope of this text, so you will need to create the photographs your self. Most significantly, do not forget that every picture should be seamless alongside all edges of neighboring photos when “folded” right into a dice.
When you’ve created the six particular person photos and articles/recreation property#assets-images|uploaded them to Roblox, proceed as follows:
- Within the Explorer, hover over the Lighting object, click on the button, and choose Sky.
- Choose the brand new Sky object within the Explorer.
- Within the Properties window, discover the skybox properties corresponding to Sky/SkyboxBk|SkyboxBk, Sky/SkyboxDn|SkyboxDn, and so on. The final two letters of those properties consult with which aspect of the skybox the required picture will probably be on.
- Click on on every of the six skybox properties and decide the corresponding picture from the choice menu. Assuming you probably did all the things appropriately, an entire skybox ought to seem in your home.
Along with setting the skybox photos, you possibly can modify varied properties to fine-tune its look.
Celestial Our bodies
By default, the Roblox Sky consists of celestial our bodies like a solar, moon, and stars. These our bodies dynamically seem, rise, and set primarily based on the Lighting/TimeOfDay|TimeOfDay or Lighting/ClockTime|ClockTime values.
Celestial our bodies may be personalized as follows:
- The solar picture may be modified by setting a brand new Sky/SunTextureId|SunTextureId and its relative dimension may be adjusted with the Sky/SunAngularSize|SunAngularSize property.
- The moon picture may be modified by setting a brand new Sky/MoonTextureId|MoonTextureId and its relative dimension may be adjusted with the Sky/MoonAngularSize|MoonAngularSize property.
- The star picture can’t be modified, however the variety of stars may be set with the Sky/StarCount|StarCount property.
To disable all celestial our bodies, you possibly can flip off Sky/CelestialBodiesShown|CelestialBodiesShown. Alternatively, you possibly can disable the solar and/or moon by setting Sky/SunAngularSize|SunAngularSize or Sky/MoonAngularSize|MoonAngularSize to 0.
In actual life, the “ambient” colour of lighting adjustments all through the day. For example, daylight within the early morning or late afternoon is normally hotter and extra pink/orange in tone.
In Roblox, an identical impact may be achieved via the Lighting/OutdoorAmbient colour worth. Listed here are some instance colours and eventualities:
Shade RGB Worth Setting / Ambiance [255, 100, 150] Dawn sky [255, 100, 0] Sundown sky [110, 110, 130] Cloudy day [0, 50, 120] Evening sky [0, 150, 225] Underwater